12.11.09

Time's Running Out


November 11, 2009

            I’ve really been slacking on this whole blogging thing lately. It’s time I came out of my rut. Honestly, there hasn’t been much to say about the last… 2 weeks. Wow, time flies when you’re living in the Tundra. Every day I tell myself I am going to go to bed at a decent hour and wake up early and be productive. I’m sorry to say I’ve been failing myself all too consistently. I hope to really reverse these habits in the next couple days.
            I just got back from Bible study. It was gorgeous outside. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground; just enough to create a nice white cover over everything. The air was very dry and chilly. Chilly really isn’t the appropriate word… it’s 19ºF out there. You can tell it was cold because the snow was sparkling like glitter. It was a frosty frozen powdery stuff that felt similar to crunching on glass when I walked over it. It was a truly beautiful bike ride tonight. It was like being inside one of those sparkly snow globes. It’s supposed to snow again tonight and tomorrow and then every day next week. I’m ready for a foot of snow. I need to get some vanilla so that I can make snow cream also.
            I go on a field trip this Friday the 13th to Vaasa and Seinäjoki. I will leave early in the morning and not get back until late at night. I hope it is a fun excursion and not too cold! I will be honest, I am a bit nervous because I know that two of the vans will be driven by Kerstin and Gorka. Kerstin is from Germany and Gorka is from Spain… I don’t think they have much experience with driving in snow, or driving in Finland, or really driving in general. I hope it all goes smoothly though. We best have our winter tires for this excursion.
            More importantly, my mom is coming to visit around the 21st or 22nd of November and I am so excited to show her around and travel with her. I just hope we get to do a lot of fun things and that she really enjoys herself. After her visit, I will only have about two weeks left here. YIKES! Where has the time gone? I sure hope I get my project done in time since my final critique is December 3rd. Then I have a ski trip with the architecture students before I come home on December 10th. Putting it into perspective like that kind of stresses me out. No more lazy days and movies for me. Time for business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment