19.9.09

Dodged A Puck...

September 19, 2009

I went to my first Finnish hockey game today! It was Oulu vs. Helsinki and it was a whole lot of fun. We ended up beating Helsinki in a shootout. Yay Kärpät!!! I arrived to the game a little late because I locked myself out of my room. I spent a while on the phone with the 24-hour service guy… Communicating via phone is pretty hard when there’s bad English everywhere. We finally got it figured out and then had a little trouble understanding the maintenance guy when he called. But I eventually got everything worked out and 30 Euros later, I was back in my room. Luckily, I have good friends like Brittany who are willing to wait on me.
After the game, we went to McDonalds in the Centre and I had some good ole nugs. They weren’t exactly the same and the sauces were really strange, but they were still good. It’s starting to get cold out on these bikes and my extremities are beginning to freeze. I can’t bundle up too much though, because I get overheated when I ride for a long time. You know… burning all those calories, haha.
I think I’m going to the Irish Festival tomorrow because my Irish friend, Maria really wants to go. I am still a bit confused about what all I should be doing for my classes right now though… I’ll have to take a look at all of that tomorrow. Still getting settled 

0 comments:

Post a Comment